Home > Records Management > What Would Be On Your Ideal Archives Website?

What Would Be On Your Ideal Archives Website?

February 24, 2015

If a magic fairy waved her wand and gave you a brand new Archives website where you could access any Archives information/services you wanted, what would be on that site?

For example, you may want to:

• See and edit personal and agency information
  • See what records your agency has scheduled
  • See and edit retention schedules for your agency
  • See and edit records officers
  • Update your certification
  • Find a general retention schedule
  • Suggest a new general schedule
  • Schedule records to be sent to the Records Center or Archives
  • See and respond to GRAMA requests
  • Find information on what to do with the wall of boxes left from the last records officer
  • Figure out how the whole Archives thing works
  • etc.

We’re trying to improve the user experience, and want to know where to focus our efforts. What do you look for on the Archives website? What do you wish you could see or do?

Categories: Records Management
  1. Gina Proctor
    February 24, 2015 at 3:35 pm

I think all of the suggestions you offered. I only access the site for retention schedules, series numbers and Committee Hearings. I wouldn’t know about the other 997 services you provide if there wasn’t a list of services offered and how to access them. For me, your site is actually very organized and user friendly as it is. Thanks

2. February 25, 2015 at 9:34 am

I would agree with Gina. The more information there the better for us.

3. Laurie Tryon
    February 25, 2015 at 9:56 am

Hello,

Laurie Tryon is no longer with Price City. Please delete her from your email list.

Thank you.

Sherrie Gordon City Recorder sherrieg@priceutah.net

4. rebekkahshaw
    February 25, 2015 at 10:48 am

Thank you, Laurie. We’ll update that in our system. To remove the subscription from this blog, please click the ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of your email. Thanks!

5. cwnelson1964
    February 26, 2015 at 8:47 am

Thanks for asking.

I actually like the suggestions offered in this email.

In addition, I would like to be able to access my agencies records to see what I have stored there. This will enable me to confirm the records I have sent should there by any discrepancies on my end, or if a new records officer is appointed for my agency. The search could by (1) agency – which would list all boxes that are stored, and their locations, and/or (2) by series number if only that series is the one that needed to be checked. From the search results, maybe there could be a couple of options available: (1) click on the box number and options would be to see the range of files that are contained in the box, request the box or file to be sent to the agency, etc.

I would like more training online. I work in a very small office (4 total) and it is not always easy to leave the office for training. As a result, I miss out on a lot of the training that I feel would be beneficial. Especially with regards to GRAMA. That is my hardest to deal with.

Thanks for asking!

Cyndy

6. MariaLee R. Bulloch
    March 5, 2015 at 10:00 am

Centralized GRAMA (like we did with Intake)

A place to look up series #’s with all updates

On-line training is a good idea. Leaving the office for a whole day to go to a couple hours of training in SLC is tough. Interactive training or even videos of the training sent via email.

1. No trackbacks yet.